The following kids printables will help children master learning to identify the alphabet letters. This is the first step in teaching children to read.
Remember that preschoolers have short attention spans, so keep the lessons short also. A few short lessons a day will be much easier on both of you than one long one.
NOTE: All of the printables are intended for personal non-commercial
use only. Daycare providers, teachers and parents are welcome to print in
Just click on the worksheet of your choice to be taken to the page of PDF files.You’ll need to have Adobe installed on your
computer to see and print the files. If you don’t have it, you can get it free
Top 10 Tips for Teaching Kids Alphabet Letters
- Make it fun. Teach only when the child is ready to learn. If your child is tired or uninterested, try another time. You want your child to be fully engaged in learning.
- Start with only one or two letters at a time. Make sure the letters are fully learned prior to moving on. Continue to review letters already learned.
- Teach the lowercase letters first. Reading involves mostly lowercase letters.
- Kids printables like flashcards and worksheets are great, but remember there are opportunities everywhere for learning letters.
- Let your child find letters on cereal boxes, in alphabet books, on street signs, etc.
- Help your child create letters out of play dough, Legos, etc.
- Sing the ABC song and point to the letters as you sing.
- Hang ABC wall cards in their room or playroom for an instant visual aid.
- Read to your child and let them point out the letters they know.
- Use foam letters in the bathtub. They are great fun and a good way to review.
from kids printables to home page