Looking for simple ABC flashcards? It doesn't get any better than
this.. just click and print for learning that can start NOW. I do
recommend printing the cards on card stock paper and laminating for
Be patient with your child's learning progress.
Preschool printables can help but all children do not learn at the same
rate. Make the lessons short and at times when your child is ready to
learn. Stop if your child shows signs of boredom or frustration. Use
praise as the letters are learned.
*Scroll down for capital
letter flashcards, lowercase flashcards, and flashcards than contain
both the upper and lowercase letters.
To print, simply click on the printable of your choice. This will open
the file in PDF format. Please keep all copyright information intact.
Capital Letter Flashcards
Lowercase Letter Flashcards
The first set in this series includes pictures of food for all the letters of the alphabet.
*Each of the sets of alphabet printables includes blank cards. Let your child create their own cards to add to the fun!
The second set includes pictures of animals from A to Z, and both upper and lowercase letters.
Fun Ways to use ABC Flashcards
- Use the cards like flashcards, showing them one at a time and having the child call out the letter or sound. Let the child hold the card if they have given the correct answer.
- Have the children sort out the letters that are made with straight lines vs. curved lines.
- Sort consonants vs. vowels.
- Give a child the whole alphabet and let them order the cards according to the alphabet. Sometimes singing the ABC song helps.
- Print off another set of cards and play a Memory game.
- Laminate the cards and then trace the letters with washable markers.
- Make a letter using the card as your guide. Build the letter from whatever you have on hand… perhaps from blocks or play-dough.
- Let children use the card as a guide to copy the letter on paper, or with a stick in the snow or on the beach.
- Bring a card or two to the grocery store. See how many times your child can find the same letter.
- Hide some of the letters around the house. Have your child identify the letters as they are found.
Benefits of Using Flashcards
- They are a low-cost learning tool. You can buy them professionally made, but printing from internet sources makes them even more cost effective.
- They are a fun and effective learning tool. Children do not see them as work, and generally view them as more of a game.
- They are portable… meaning children can learn on the go. Take them along on car rides or anywhere where you may have time (doctor/dentist offices, at the park, grandma's house, etc.).
- Children can quickly learn new material because flashcards are an effective memory-aid tool.
- Flashcards make it easy to review information learned in the past.
- Children who learn the letters prior to kindergarten have a jump-start in their educational experience.
from abc flashcards to learning letters main page
back to home page